Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Lets Talk About Google's Blogspot

I spent a valuable amount of time the yesterday trying to get a blog out. My back surgery limits the time I can sit upright. When I was ready to preview it said that the link was broken. I could see the blog but no matter what I did it would not publish. Just now after after restarting my computer I got the same errors. Then suddenly, when I looked at it, it had a photo and two lines written days ago.

This isn't the first time either. I am debating on trying to write it again because all of failsafes got wiped out as well.

My family always said that you get what you pay for and Google and Blogspot are perfect examples of this old saying. I believe the Latin version was cravat emptor. Those Romans were wily old folks.

I have no idea what is up with Google or Blogspot but I am NOT without alternatives. If I go to WordPress I get space for a blog and can set up a web page, or could if I was about 20 years younger.

To say I am upset diminishes what a writer feels. Then to have it wiped out for no good reason, well, maybe you have to be a writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment