Monday, March 25, 2013

Tale of Two Boxes

I don't know about you, but when I am roaming craft stores, I am always looking for something a bit different. I will pick up things I have no clue on what I am going to do with it. Even better if its on sale. In fact, it was that crazy birdhouse I made into a saloon that is a perfect example. I didn't know what to do with it until cow skull in hand it suddenly fell into place.

These two wooden obelisks are another example...what on earth do you do with them?

After a trip to the Museum of Metallurgy in Memphis, the wrought iron doorway seemed a natural. It was a devil to do let me tell you!

The second one stared at me accusingly and finally I decided to try another crazy quilt design. It was either that or the newer patchwork look I tried on a plate. It has taken people a bit of time but there are starting to pay attention to it now.

It is fun creating the two different styles. One a formal, metal art form, the other a fabric based creation that is instead fabrics that are created in paint. At least they never have to be washed! In any event, they are very different and you might not even realize at first glance they are the same shape. Both are distinctive and can be used in a variety of ways in ones home decor.

Its not a bad thing to buy something and let it percolate in your mind. Somehow some event will give you an idea and suddenly you realize you have the perfect thing on which to do it! Always keep that in mind! I did and its been fun.

To see more photos or even purchase either of these boxes check out Krugsstudio.etsy.com


No comments:

Post a Comment